The Pillars of Excellence
Press Release #4: 5 Ways to Get In Shape
With the holidays approaching fast we need to remember that there is always that one New Year’s resolution that comes back to haunt us year after year only to remain unfulfilled.
How often have you made it through the holiday feasting to find a few mysterious extra pounds hovering around your midsection and resolved that “this year, I’m going to get into shape”?
And how often has that resolution fallen by the wayside once the fireworks die down and you get back into the momentum of your life?
Dr. John P. DeMann, ISSA certified fitness trainer and Personal health and Fitness Coach tells us the 5 most manageable ways to stick to those New Year’s Resolutions.
1. Drink lots of water – Our bodies are made up of something like 70% water. Just a 1-2% drop in water intake can severely dehydrate you, limiting your performance in virtually every aspect of your life.
2. Cut out fast food – Fast food just isn’t good for your body. It has too many chemicals, food additives, refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup, fried foods, and an overall lack of nutrition. The Pillars of Excellence advises against this bad habit. Try having a Fuji apple, a vitamin packed banana and a yogurt as an alternative to the fast food cravings.
3. Eat 5-7 small meals per day – Eating small, frequent, sensible meals throughout the day will level out your blood sugar and provide your muscles and body with the appropriate nutrition you need to get you through your entire day. Have at least one serving of fresh fruits or vegetables at every meal.
4. Exercise every day – What do you need to get in the best shape of your life? 60 minutes of vigorous exercise, daily. If you get bored easily doing the same routine day in and day out, feel free to mix it up. On Monday take the dog for a long walk, play tennis on Tuesday, go for a swim at the local pool on Wednesday, go for a bike ride on Thursday and go for a hike on Friday.
5. Consult a personal trainer – Personal trainers train, study, and devote themselves to being a better health and fitness expert every day. If you just book one session to ensure you are on the right track, your body will thank you for it. One of the best insurance policies you can buy!
Dr. John P. DeMann, ISSA Certified Trainer, can be reached at the Pillars of Excellence in Mason Ohio where he conducts personal training and behavioral approaches to maintaining healthful living. Dr. DeMann believes that health and fitness is more than just exercise and eating right. He says that behavioral approaches must be used in order to maintain the fitness lifestyle! To perform at our best we must be in the best shape we can possible be in.
To contact Dr. DeMann you can reach him at 513-336-7172 or at 1-866-905-7763. You may also find out more about what he does at www.7poe.com.