Why Water? By Dr. John P. DeMann, CPEC/ICF/ISSA
It's our body's vital fuel, a health drink from Mother Nature. It's calorie-free, inexpensive, and easily obtained. Yet few people follow the old fashioned advice to drink eight glasses of water a day.
Water is the most abundant substance in your body:
• All of your cells are soaked in water.
• Water makes up 55% to 75% of your total body weight.
• The food you eat contains about 70% water.
• A 10% reduction of water in your body can make you sick.
• A 20% loss of water can mean death.
Although you can survive for weeks without food, you can survive only a few days without water.
Water is involved in every bodily function known to man:
• Your vital fluid blood is comprised of ninety percent water, so that a reduction in water means more concentrated blood, making your body more susceptible to clotting and less efficient at delivering oxygen to your brain and muscles.
• Everything from temperature regulation to digestion to energy production is controlled by water.
• Water helps you recover from your workouts.
• Water aids in fat-based fueling of muscles.
• Water provides for storage of water inside your cells.
When you become dehydrated, all of these functions become less effective and your performance levels lower.
It is recommended that you drink eight to twelve glasses of water per day. Drinking water can:
• help us exercise longer and more efficiently
• Ward off constipation and maybe even crankiness
• help us lose weight and keep it off (water is a natural appetite suppressant)
If you are dieting, make sure to drink plenty of water so your liver can effectively metabolize body fat.
Drinking fluids, particularly water, during exercise reduces cardiovascular stress and improves performance. After a strenuous workout, you have to replace the fluids you have lost or you will suffer chronic dehydration. Dehydration is the loss of water from the body and a depletion of electrolyte levels (sodium and potassium). It is treated by replacing the water the body is lacking and by restoring electrolyte levels to normal. Dehydration may be caused by inadequate water intake or by excessive water loss, but the most common cause of dehydration is a simple failure to drink liquids. By the time you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated. Drink water before, during, and after exercising, and remember that water reduces body temperature and makes the whole exercise process safer.
Active people need more water than inactive people do. A reduction in as little as four to five percent body water can result in a drop in physical performance as great as twenty to thirty percent. It is recommended that you consume plenty of water:
• On a daily basis
• twenty minutes before any athletic event
• following high carbohydrate meals
Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink water. By the time your body reaches that point, you are already deficient in this vital fluid. When you consider that our muscles are made up of nearly 70% to 80% water, it is easy to see why fluid replacement is so important. Dehydration upsets the natural balance of fluids in the body and can lead to serious problems, including difficulties associated with heart function and temperature-regulation.
The average person loses approximately 2.5% of total body water per day. When you participate in any activity that causes you to sweat, it depletes your body fluid levels and increases your risk of dehydration. In addition to the recommended daily water intake, it is recommended that you drink 16 ounces of water for every pound of weight lost during exercise. Since it takes your body 15 to 20 minutes to absorb 16 ounces of water, you should consume the needed amount in fifteen-minute intervals, rather than all at once.
The importance of water is unquestionable, especially for anyone who is physically active. As the major “ingredient” of the human body, plenty of water is essential to healthy and qualitative athletic performance.
About Dr. DeMann, CPEC/ICF/ISSA
He is Dr John Paul DeMann Ph.D., CPEC, and PCC/ICF
The Founder & Creator of the Pillars of Excellence Organization
“He has more degrees than a thermometer!”
AS- Liberal Arts and Business Administration
BS – Management with a minor in Marketing
BA – Liberal Arts and Business Administration
MAS – Aeronautical Engineering with a minor in Business Management and Administration
BS – Psychology
MS – Psychology with Nutrition, Sport Conditioning and Wellness
Ph.D. – Psychology (Positive) - University of Berkeley
• ATP: Airline Transport Pilot – The required credential to captain commercial aircraft.
• Certified Flight Instructor (CFIIEIMEI) - The right to teach all aircraft ratings from student to commercial.
• He has flown Boeing 767s as a first officer for a commercial operator.
• As well as DC-9s as a Captain, also for a commercial operator.
• Accumulated a total of 12,500+ hours of flight time
• Accumulated 2500+ hours of flight instruction.
• Accumulated 2000+ hours’ aerobatic training and instruction.
Dr. DeMann is the creator of NPFT; Neuro Physio Flow Therapy. This is part of the copyrighted dynasty that includes the acclaimed life changing Audio program Soteria that includes the GPA: Life Enhancement Therapy.
He has built many successful businesses including a portfolio of eighty-five properties.
He has achieved national & professional champion athlete status in two different sports and earned recognition as a professional WWF wrestler!
He holds the following certifications:
1. NLP Practitioner, Master Practitioner & Teach the Teacher
2. Hypnosis Basic, Advanced, Master & Teach the Teacher
3. A Certified Personal and Executive Coach: College of Executive Coaching.
This Requires a Masters degree or higher in Human development and Psychology.
4. Personal Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
5. Anodyne Practitioner, Anodyne Medical Therapist and Anodyne Trainer Certificates.
6. PSYK-K Certified Practitioner and Trainer.
7. Several high profiled assessment programs recognized by many of the Psychological Association Boards as high quality assessment tools that require certification at high standards.
Dr. DeMann carries out extensive research in the area of coaching in personal life and business development. He has created his own coaching models that reflect current research in the Humanistic Perspective styles, behavioral styles, cognitive styles, Integrative and cross theory approaches in coaching and personal & professional development.
He is certified by the following Boards:
1. The British Association of Therapeutic Hypnotherapists.
2. The Professional Board of Hypnotherapists Canada.
3. The National Board of Professional & Ethical Standards America & ritain.
4. The American Medical Board using Anodyne where he has earned the practitioner, Anodyne Medical Therapist Certification and Anodyne Trainer Certification.
Dr. DeMann has helped to create a ground breaking revolutionary new programmed called Anodyne. It combines NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) with Hypnosis and has been approved by the Duke University National Board.
His book ‘The Pillars of Excellence’ which is stocked by all the Barnes & Noble branches in the USA & pending for Waterstones and WH Smith in the UK, has already sold past the 500,000 mark in the first 3 months of this year alone! As such, it is well on its way to hitting the Top Spot on the New York Times Bestseller’s List and will of course be an International Success very soon after!
Here are just a few of the countries that Dr. DeMann has spoken, coached in and conducted many of the seminars he has created and qualified to teach:
• Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Norway & Sweden.
He has also worked with the following companies:
• Proctor & Gamble, AT&T, National Banking Trust, Trans World Airlines, NWA, SWA, Great Lakes Airlines, Affleck Corporation, Emery Corp; Heritage Corp; Wilmington Rotaries, Teen Corp, ABX Incorporated,
As well as in these sports arenas:
• WWF (or WWE as it is now referred to), UCW and WCW (a.k.a. Wrestling!)
• Top American Baseball & Football teams.
John has visited many schools, empowering countless children! He has fantastic success with people suffering from dyslexia and also teaches people to learn how to learn, how to find their inner power and how to live a life with Purpose & Focus!
He will be visiting schools in Britain to show how to help a child go from, for example, a seemingly hopeless mischief maker, who cannot concentrate, who is ‘going nowhere’ - to an A grade student! And it’s not a long winded ‘process’ that takes weeks or months! It’s done and dusted in less than a day!
These teachings are, unfortunately - and quite CLEARLY, not taught in schools! This is why he is so committed to changing the way that we are being ‘taught’!
In the near future, The Pillars Family will be sponsoring youngsters through university and setting up weekend meetings where people can come together to build their own mastermind groups to encourage each other to stick with their development as well as to get extra coaching.
He has also pioneered a program that shows people how to improve their memory to a fantastic level very quickly. Can you imagine what this can do for children in schools?! Let alone the society at large!
He also happens to be introducing a revolutionary new program & concept that will flip the medical profession right on its head!
Anyone who acts on the teachings in his book ‘The Pillars of Excellence’ and seminar (Soteria) is going to go through the roof in regards to excellence in ALL areas of their life!
Phone: 001 513-336-7172 or 513-544-4483 or 513-770-0102 or 866-905-7763!
Address: 7577 Central Parke Blvd.