5 Ways to Get in Shape for The New Year
Mason, Oh - 11/07/2008 - There's always that one New Year's resolution that comes back to haunt us year after year only to remain unfulfilled. How often have you made it through the holiday feasting to find a few mysterious extra pounds hovering around your midsection and resolved that "this year, I'm going to get into shape"?
And how often has that resolution fallen by the wayside once the fireworks die down and you get back into the momentum of your life?
The Pillars of Excellence has worked with many medical doctors and health care providers in helping their patients rid excess bodyfat, increase energy and stay fit through custom health and fitness programs. We also work with organizations around the world creating wellness programs that fit their needs.
Below are the five most manageable ways we have found to get in shape and stay in shape for the New Year.
1. Drink lots of water - Our bodies are made up of something like 70% water. Just a 1% drop in water intake can severely dehydrate you, limiting your performance in every aspect of your life.
2. Cut out fast food - fast food just isn't good for your body. Regardless of what the high-powered advertising agencies tell you. Fast food has too many chemicals, food additives, refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup, fried foods, and an overall lack of nutrition. If high calorie, non-nutrition is what you are after, fast food may be for you. The personal trainers advise against this bad habit.
3. Eat 5-7 small meals per day - Yes, you heard that right! Small frequent meals throughout the day not only levels out your blood sugar, decreasing the lows you may experience throughout the day, but eating sensibly, and often, will provide your muscles and body with the appropriate nutrition you need to get you through your entire day.
4. Exercise every day - Old research said you must exercise 30 minutes a day, but the latest experts suggest this just isn't enough. What do you need to get in the best shape of your life? 60 minutes of vigorous exercise, daily.
5. Consult a personal trainer or contact The Pillars of Excellence - Let's face it; personal trainers know their stuff. They train, study, and devote themselves to being a better health and fitness expert everyday. They work out everyday, eat smart, and are right in the middle of several teams of experts. If you just booked one session to ensure you are on the right track, your body will thank you for it. Not to mention your significant other.
Dr. John P. DeMann, ISSA, CPEC/ICF